FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 3, 2017
Contact: Tyler Price, Assistant Director of Athletics | Communications
Men’s Soccer Jumps to No. 6
BALDWIN CITY, Kansas – After winning its sixth-straight match overall and fourth-straight Heart match, the Baker University men’s soccer team jumped from No. 7 to No. 6 in this week’s NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 poll.
The 8-1-1 Wildcats moved past fellow Heart rival MNU, as the Pioneers fall to No. 9. Missouri Valley is ranked No. 2 this week and fellow Heart schools Central Methodist and Benedictine come in ranked No. 14 and No. 20 respectively.
Baker hosts Benedictine this Wednesday, Oct. 4 at 7:30 p.m. inside Liston Stadium. Last seasons match up was a classic and the Wildcats came out of Atchison, Kansas with a double overtime win, 3-2.
Fans may watch Wednesday’s match, by clicking here.
Top 25 Highlights
- The Crusaders of William Carey (Miss.) captured 16 first place votes to remain atop the poll
- This is the second week in a row and second time ever that the program has been ranked No. 1
- Defending National Champion Hastings (Neb.) moved up one spot this week to No. 8 following a 4-1 victory over Briar Cliff (Iowa)
- Truett-McConnell (Ga.) joined the Top 25 for the first time this year, boasting a 9-1-1 record in 2017
- Rio Grande (Ohio) holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings all-time with 58 total
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.), currently ranked No. 11, holds the record for the longest consecutively-ranked active school at 111 straight polls dating back to the first installment of the Top 25 Poll in 2007. Rio Grande (Ohio) is second with 103 straight
To view the entire Top 25 poll, please click here.